the power of affirmation...

I'm amazed how a simple "I thought of you today" or well wishes can strike a person. To see how my boys (including my husband) and how they react when I tell them I'm proud of them, or how well they did or wonderful they are to me...and the same for the opposite.

Today, I received this email that just filled me with such joy...because I felt like the Lord communicated through her that He is answering my prayers and the good work that He began in me is making moves!


Hi Ate Tess –

Good morning to you! I wanted to e-mail you and let you know I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately; I’m not sure why, but I just felt the need to tell you that you are loved. =) I came across a verse that made me immediately think of you.

"Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth." 2 Timothy 2:23-25

I feel like this is describing you.. “the Lord’s servant… an apt teacher.. forbearing, correcting .. w. gentleness” You have an awesome way of reaching out to others and touching them with the words you speak. I know we’re involved with an imperfect community.. and whenever you encounter that imperfection and it hurts, you’re firm in your correction but at the same time, very gentle. Does this make sense?! Haha, I pray (for myself) that one day I’ll be able to correct with the same convicting, firm loving nature that you have. Anyway, thanks for being you, and you’re just fantastic. =) I’m overwhelmed by YOU.

God is good...He's soooo good. I'm a lil mad at myself for taking sooooo long to "let go and let God," but again...its HIS will, its HIS timing...I've tried uper duper super hard to fervently pray and get to know Him... I'm still a work in progress...but I tell you...I praise the Lord for where I am today =) I know its ALL HIM. Its all SOOOO not me =) EEK, even the old me...but its ALL HIM THROUGHT ME...So my 11 year hissy fit/temper tantrum is *somewhat* over...looking forward to what else HE has in store for my and my loved ones.

Thank you Lord for blessings such as emails, your inspirational words through the book of life the Bible and the gift of prayer. YOU truly never cease to amaze me.


*I LUV YOU HUNNY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment