all my life...

The other day, I was getting some indifferent responses and treatment from a person whom I consider to be pretty close to and that I knew pretty darn well. To say the least, I asked them what was wrong and if I did anything...they flat out told me where they were with me.

Well??? and WOW!!! came to mind. It made me reflect about how and what I know about myself and others. If the old me and potentially the not so old me were around for this conversation, typical reactions: I'd be PISSED and angry...but I just looked at them and was like WOW...that 's how you feel about me. Do you see Jesus in me at all?

It made me think about others in my life... how well do I know them and how well do I know myself? I missed my Pop again...I thought about the last time I hugged him and how if I could just hug him one more time...and I remembered this picture from my wedding...Father-Daughter dance to All My Life, the Beatles.


For the first time in a long time...I can say that we are in a place right now that does not seem to bee so challenging. In fact, I don't know or recall ever feeling this safe and secure...but then again, my faith has grown so much so that I've let go of and accepted a lot. All my life up until very very recently was the grass is greener on the other side, getting short changed and ugh...door slammed in my face AGAIN..blah, blah blah...you know how that goes!

So many new and different things are happening...Addy is talking in two-word phrases, Den Den is more entertaining that ever...7 days and counting till the Rachel's Vineyard weekend...I pray that when I return from serving there, I am more yielded and have a more pristine and refined dialogue with the Lord. That same Friday, Salabugan at BLD...Cookie will meet our shepherd. Next thing ya know...its LSS. Ah...I can't wait. I really can't wait.

1 Comment:

  1. LoveLola said...
    i just found this now and boy i wish i could hug you right now. :) i thought u were coming back last night...otherwise I would have given you a bigger hug.

    and less than 8 months til i hug my dad the same way. love you!

    PS - thanks for my 'nickname-link' :P

Post a Comment